Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: EWS64XL, Win2k & Logic Audio

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Thorsten Kowalski's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2nd, 2000
    Posts
    5
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I use the EWS64XL under Win2k.

    The signal routing under Win2k is quite unclear to me. I got myself all the information on Win9x with graphics and explanation but as the ControlCenter
    looks totally different under 2k (and lacks some switches and sliders) I have problems especially on getting something
    recorded with Logic Audio :-((

    I choose the input, enter filename but after pushing the stop button all is gone. Could be something with signal routing ?!?

    Also the MIDI is out of sync (even if I don't have any MIDI in it). How can I fix this?

    Can someone send me some environment for Logic/EWS?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member KKu's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2000
    Posts
    112
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Red face

    WoW!

    Haven't got Logic to work under W2K... What version do U have?

    For Midi/Audio sync in Logic v. 4.0-> haven't been working at all. LA reports those very annoying "Samplerate 48000..." messages.

    .KKu

    ------------------
    ... mmm, coffeebreak!
    [email protected] http://kotisivu.raketti.net/kaaro
    Now w. ICQ, feel free to contact.

    [This message has been edited by KKu (edited September 03, 2000).]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Thorsten Kowalski's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2nd, 2000
    Posts
    5
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have LAP4.5.

    On the MAC there is some setting regarding MIDI synchronization but I can't find it here.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member JHo's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 10th, 2000
    Posts
    18
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    KKu,

    Do you have ant digital equipment connected on your card.
    I noticed that during startup, my digital mixer complains about the dig signal it recieves.
    I have to switch the EWS to 48Khz for my mixer.
    If I set the EWS to 44.1 Khz, my mixer complains about recieving a incorrect signal.
    When I switch to 48Khz, the mixer works Ok.
    Now the funny part.
    If I press the autosync buttn in the ews control panal, the card switches to 44.1Khz.
    How about some serious bugs in the drivers.
    I recieved an answer from terratec support that this is a known issue, and that they will fix it.
    The biggest question is in which millennium the fix will be solved ??? :-)

    John

  5. #5
    Inactive Member KKu's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2000
    Posts
    112
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well yeah kind of... I mean SB Live! via coax digital out/in.

    But that's not a problem. No matter if I have SB or not, LAPW doesn't start; It just "crashes" at startup.

    Oh well, gotta wait until emagic releases version that really works with W2K... then my second processor really pays off...

    .KKu

    ------------------
    ... mmm, coffeebreak!
    [email protected] http://kotisivu.raketti.net/kaaro
    Now w. ICQ, feel free to contact.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •